Thursday, August 29, 2013

Washing Machine - Specifications Comparison Chart

I have short-listed a few 6-7-8 KG washers within my comfortable price range. In my list, I have the following brands: Samsung, LG, Míele, BOSCH, Electrolux and Fisher & Paykel.

My short-listed brands of washers:
Just noticed that the colours used for the logos are mainly red and blue :D

Míele, though out of my price range, is included, as it has been touted to be a very long-lasting washer. I just want to find out if it's technical specifications contributed to its durability.

Using the technical specifications that I have mentioned in my previous post, I created an Excel sheet to compare the specifications* across my short-listed brands and models.

A print screen of my Excel Sheet:
Red text indicates best ratings and Purple text indicates worst ratings
*Do note that all prices was taken from COURTS website in August 2013. I chose COURTS because its site shows pricing for all the washers that were short-listed. 


The technical details were obtained from the washer's brochure, which can be downloaded from the vendors' site.

In terms of comprehensiveness in information, BOSCH's site is the most helpful. Most vendors will avoid showing bad details about their products. These details are mostly omitted from their instructions manual or website. But as you can see from the BOSCH model WAE20360SG, the site did not hide the fact that it has a low Spin Dry Performing Class of C.

BOSCH also went on further to list details like Remaining Moisture Content (RMC) and Noise Level (while washing and spinning)!

BOSCH Home Appliance site is most comprehensive in terms of technical details and specifications

After all the comparison, it is interesting to note that my list of European brands (BOSCH-Germany, Electrolux-Sweden) and Fisher & Paykel (from New Zealand) doesn't emphasize that much on a good EEI or Spin Dry Performing Class or Water Consumption! Though these standards are established by the European Union, the Asian models (LG & Samsung) scored a little better on those scales!

So for price sake, I guess I'm sticking to the Asian brands for now: It is either SAMSUNG WF702U2BKWQ or LG WD-10B7QDT for me. 



For my next post, I'll be sharing some details on shopping for the washer!

No comments:

Post a Comment